The pure gameplay mode is really cool.
The successful mobile game is finally available for free on PC! All About the Player is one of Alexandre Pontaise's finest works. A game in which he decided to give to the player only what they wanted: gameplay, and agency.
All About the Player allows you to press buttons in any order you want. Billions of different possibilities! It won't try to distract you with a story or fancy visuals: what matter is what you do! You are the only hero of your own story. Use your keyboard or mouse to interact with the game.
This PC version also come with some extra content! If you are a challenger, you can unlock the Pure Gameplay Mode, and see if you are a Real Gamer.
WHAT THE PRESS SAID
(quotes from 2013 on the mobile game)
- “An essential lesson of game-design. […] Pontaise teaches us brilliantly how the player should always be in the center of any game." - Ludogamer Journal
- “Never have I experienced so much gameplay in a single game. All About The Player gets rid of all the useless to focus on what matters the most!" - Playing On Bits
- “I'm discovering something new on each session! The amount of possibilities this game offers is amazing." - Journal des Jeux Électroniques
- “This is what elegant design coupled with empathy toward players leads to." - Diego Mitchell
- “I can't stop playing Pure Gameplay Mode! Every game should have this option." - @gamingscienceofficer
- “All About the Player is life changing. I'm feeling like a better person." - Helen F. Sight
Note from Itooh: Please be aware that I am not affiliated with Alexandre Pontaise. My job here was only to port his game. If you want to contact with M. Pontaise, you can send me your message, and I'll try to make him acknowledge it. However I can't guarantee anything, and quite frankly it's unlikely he'll bother to answer. Last time he has been confronted to criticism, well, let's just say some twitter accounts got banned. Don't worry though: I'm certain he won't ever open this page, and he has probably never read himself players' feedback. I'll just answer your questions as much as I can, it's for the best.
Game made with Superpowers
The font used is Pier Sans
Source code available on github
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.